This crunchy yet creamy broccoli salad is a yummy side dish for any meal. It is pretty simple to make and you can make it advance because we recommend that you chill in the fridge prior to serving it.
Now, I wouldn’t claim that this the most healthy side dish because it does include sugar and mayonnaise but it is a great way to sneak some broccoli on the plate. Consider taking this to your next potluck and you will be the hit of the event.
- Add almond slices. If you want to add a rich nutty flavor consider lightly toasting the almonds in a skillet for a couple of minutes before mixing them into the salad. You can add the almonds in advance and allow them to chill but personally, we prefer to add them over the top right before serving the salad.
- Add dried cranberries. This lovely addition adds a flair of flavor a tart punch of flavor. Just mix these into the salad when you are tossing in the dressing.
- Add some greek yogurt. If the recipe isn’t as creamy as you would like to consider mixing in ¼ cup of greek yogurt. It will make it even more creamy and add a richer flavor.
- Add in carrots. Shave carrot pieces and mix them into the salad bowl when you add the onion and dill. This is a great way to get more veggies in the mix and add even more crunch.
- Add red grapes. Slice the grapes in half and mix them into the salad. If you add grapes you may want to add a bit more mayo to the dressing or Greek yogurt to make it even more creamy.
This creamy broccoli salad is a yummy side dish for any meal. It is pretty simple to make and you can make it advance. It includes red onion and mozzarella cheese
- 9 slices bacon
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- ¼ small red onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ c mayonnaise
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 t dill
- Cook the bacon until it is crispy. We love to cook bacon in the oven but the pan is fine. Allow the bacon to cool and then break it into small pieces.
- Cut the broccoli into small bite-size pieces.
- Dice the onion in ¼” pieces.
- Add the broccoli pieces, bacon pieces, and diced onion into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl make the dressing by combing the mayonnaise, sugar, dill, and vinegar together.
- Add dressing mixture to the bowl with broccoli and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve cold.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American