Rhubarb is quite an interesting fruit that’s often debated to be a vegetable. I didn’t really grow up eating much rhubarb, but it was always around.
As a kid, I just didn’t know what to think about it. This is why I eventually decided to experiment with it and start collecting rhubarb recipes.
We all know about strawberry rhubarb pie and the classic rhubarb desserts, but there is so much more than you can cook with rhubarb than desserts.
There’s so much that you can do with rhubarb to really make a special side dish. The rhubarb baked beans recipe listed below is one of the most creative recipes that I’ve come across in a long time.
Then just wrap your taste buds around the idea of rhubarb with goat cheese and roasted pepper. Oh yes! Your mouth must be watering right now!
1. Rhubarb with radish greens
2. Rhubarb with wild rice
3. Roasted rhubarb with carrots (Air fryer recipe)
4. Rhubarb baked beans (Super creative)
5. Rhubarb with goat cheese and pepper
6. Sauteed rhubarb chard
7. Rhubarb pickles
8. Broccoli salad with spicy rhubarb
9. Rhubarb and cucumber caprese
10. Pickled cucumber salad with rhubarb
Rhubarb drink recipes
I’m always looking for a fun cocktail or a non-alcoholic drink.
This rhubarb lemonade is quite the afternoon drink. I’ve always found lemonade itself to be a bit overwhelming, but adding something like rhubarb tames it just enough.
In the past, I made lemonade with ginger and lemongrass. Now, this is yet another terrific refreshing drink.
When it comes to a fun cocktail, this rhubarb sangria hits the spot. Sangrias are such fun party drinks. We have a special glass pitcher that we just love to mix sangrias in. It always looks so refreshing!
Give one of these rhubarb cocktails a try, and let us know what you think.
Rhubarb dinner recipes
Rhubarb simply doesn’t get enough love in the kitchen. These tasty recipes will change that in your kitchen for sure!
Sometimes we only need to experiment a bit and get out of that food rut we all find ourselves in. The recipe that I suggest that you start with is the rhubarb lemon chicken bake recipe.
It’s a one-pot meal, which makes the clean up so much easier. While it calls for a balsamic dressing, you should also consider using our balsamic reduction recipe instead.
This recipe doesn’t require all that many ingredients, but it calls for pearled onions. If you don’t have any pearl onions, don’t let that stop you from making this. If we make a recipe that calls for pearl onions, we just cut up an onion into large chunks and substitute it.
17. Rhubarb with salmon
18. Rhubarb lentil curry
19. Rhubarb pork tenderloin
20. Mustard rubbed pork loin with rhubarb sauce
21. Honey butter pork chops with rhubarb sauce
22. Baked chicken with rhubarb
23. Rhubarb lemon chicken bake
24. Rhubarb chicken with saffron
25. Roasted chicken with rhubarb butter
26. Rhubarb and carrot bread recipe
Rhubarb is so versatile that you can use it for sweet and savory dishes, and your taste buds will be overjoyed with each variation.
Have you ever thought about putting rhubarb in your BBQ sauce? No?!
Well, it is about time.
Then make some rhubarb syrup and throw an ice cream party. Yes, you will want to keep this syrup around for your next bowl of ice cream for sure.
We highly recommend that you make this rhubarb curd and spread it on some toast. It will quickly become a favorite quick breakfast for the whole family.
Unique rhubarb dessert recipes
We’re all familiar with the famous rhubarb-strawberry pies, but there’s so much yummier that we can make with rhubarb beyond that.
Galettes are a popular dessert dish these days and for a good reason. They are just beautiful when served, and they taste lighter than a cake.
But the galette isn’t the rhubarb dessert that has me most excited. For me, it’s the rhubarb parfait. Parfaits are just so much fun to make and to eat.
I plan to add rhubarb to our strawberry granola parfait next time I make one.
The bottom line
Your rhubarb days as a misunderstood fruit are finally over. As these compilations would tell you, there are now tons of mouth-watering recipes associated with rhubarb can be prepared, and the best part is: Rhubarbs are just as flexible as they are succulent!
I hope the lists I’ve come up with have managed to push you even further to search for more inspiring variations off your now prized rhubarb.
- Rhubarb with radish greens
- Rhubarb with wild rice
- Roasted rhubarb with carrots (Air fryer recipe)
- Rhubarb baked beans (Super creative)
- Rhubarb with goat cheese and pepper
- Sauteed rhubarb chard
- Rhubarb pickles
- Broccoli salad with spicy rhubarb
- Rhubarb and cucumber caprese
- Pickled cucumber salad with rhubarb
- Rhubarb iced tea
- Rhubarb lemonade
- Rhubarb gin and tonic
- Rhubarb sangria
- Rhubarb vodka slushie
- Rhubarb strawberry margarita
- Rhubarb with salmon
- Rhubarb lentil curry
- Rhubarb pork tenderloin
- Mustard rubbed pork loin with rhubarb sauce
- Honey butter pork chops with rhubarb sauce
- Baked chicken with rhubarb
- Rhubarb lemon chicken bake
- Rhubarb chicken with saffron
- Roasted chicken with rhubarb butter
- Rhubarb and carrot bread recipe
- Rhubarb BBQ sauce
- Rhubarb strawberry apple sauce (Slow cooker recipes)
- Tangy rhubarb salsa
- Rhubarb syrup
- Rhubarb jam
- Rhubarb curd
- Rhubarb jelly
- Rhubarb and strawberry parfait
- Rhubarb oat muffins
- Rhubarb cookies
- No-bake rhubarb cheesecake
- Rhubarb cinnamon bread
- Candied rhubarb
- Rhubarb galette
- Choose an appetizer and main dish.
- Choose a drink and dessert.
- Make a special dinner.