- 12 oz. linguine pasta (fettucini works too)
- 1.5 T. olive oil
- 6 zucchinis
- 1 t. chopped garlic
- 5 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 2 T. lemon zest
- 1 c. pasta water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prepare the zucchini and goat cheese
- Start by washing your zucchini and drying it.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise. (I prefer to cut the zucchini midway into two shorter pieces. I find it easier to work with that way.)
- Then slice the zucchini into thin half moons.
- Crumble the goat cheese and set aside.
Cook the pasta
- Follow the instructions on the pasta package to cook the pasta. Read here about how to know when pasta is done.
- Tip: Test pasta 2 minutes before suggested cook time.
- Drain pasta when it is done but note to save behind a cup of pasta water, scooping it out into a measuring cup with a heat-safe ladle.
Cook the zucchini and pasta
- While the pasta is boiling, heat 1 T. of olive oil in the skillet at medium-high heat.
- After the pan is heated, add zucchini and salt and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Use this time to zest the lemon.
- Add the garlic and ½ T to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
Mix Pasta and Goat Cheese
- Add all of the goat cheese except 2 T. and the 1 cup of pasta water to the pasta and stir in. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide pasta between 4 bowls. Top pasta with zucchini, lemon zest, and the remaining 2 T. of goat cheese.
- This pasta dish was so delicious that I had the leftovers for dinner. Consider serving this dish with a piece of garlic toast.
Note on goat cheese: You can buy pre-crumbled goat cheese at most grocery stores. Also, if you have everything else on hand except the goat cheese, here are some suggestions for goat cheese substitutes
- Serving Size: 4