Learn how to make a strawberry compote topping for your next dessert. This easy recipe on requires a few ingredients and doesn't take much time to make.
- 1 pint strawberries
- ⅓ c sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- add juice of half a lemon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Prep the strawberries - Wash the strawberries and dry them. Remove the stems. Roughly cut them into large pieces. Set aside ⅓ of the strawberries.
- Juice the lemon.
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan except for the strawberries that you set aside, over medium heat. Stir occasionally. Allow the mixture to cook for a while until it starts to get juicy. Using a wooden spoon smash a few of the berries to help produce the syrup.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add about ⅓ of the mixture into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Add the puree back to the mixture.
- Add in the ⅓ strawberries to the purre mixture and stir.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American