How to saute sweet potatoes easily. This recipe only requires sweet potatoes, olive oil, and salt. Feel free to add to them with herbs and spices for additional flavor.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 T olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut them into ½” thick round slices. (Note: You don’t have to peel sweet potatoes to saute them but you can if you prefer. It is up to you. Be sure to wash and scrub the sweet potatoes if you don’t plan to peel them.)
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and sweet potatoes to the hot pan.
- Spread the potatoes evenly in the pan and allow them to cook.
- Stir occasionally until the sweet potatoes are lightly caramelized. This should take about 10-15 minutes but cook times do vary. (Note: Cook them until they are softened and have crispy edges. Cook times will vary based upon the thickness of the slices and the temperature.)
(Feel free to add spices to this recipe to add additional flavor. We recommend garlic or cinnamon or cumin)