How to saute okra quickly and easily. This recipe only requires okra, olive oil, and salt. You are free to add herbs, spices and other vegetables for additional flavor.
- 1 lb fresh okra
- 2 T olive
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- Prep the okra – Wash and dry the okra. Slice the tips and end off of the okra and discard. Cut the okra into 3/4” thick round slices.
- Mince the garlic.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, cut okra, and salt to the hot pan.
- Spread the okra out in the pan and allow it to cook. Stir occasionally until the okra is lightly caramelized. (This should be about 5 minutes).
- Add minced garlic to the pan and cook for another minute or until the garlic starts to soften.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American