How to saute carrots quick and easily. This recipe requires carrots, water, olive oil, and salt. You are free to add herbs and spices to change up the flavor profile.
- 1 lb carrots
- ¼ c water
- 2 T olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Wash and peel the carrots. Trim the ends off of the carrots and then slice into ¼” thick slices. (Note: try to cut the slices as evenly as possible.)
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the water and carrots to the hot pan. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Once they are boiling turn the heat down to medium and cook the carrots for about 6-7 minutes or until they start to soften and the water has mostly evaporated.
- Remove the lid, add the olive oil and salt to the pan with the carrots, and spread them carrots out in the pan. Cook and stir the carrots occasionally. Allow them time to cook for 2 minutes or until the carrots start to slightly brown.
Consider adding in spices such as cumin, rosemary, or thyme.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American