Rocky road brownies are brownies topped with a gooey layer of chocolate chips, coconut, mini marshmallows, and chopped pecans.
For the brownies:
- 1 brownie mix (Eggs, water, and oil as directed on the box)
For the topping:
- 1 c semisweet dark chocolate chips
- 1 c mini marshmallows
- 1 c pecans
- ½ c shredded coconut
- Coat a 9 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare and bake brownies according to the mix instructions on the box.
- While the brownies bake, loosely chop the pecans or pulse them once or twice in a food processor.
- When the brownies are done, remove them from the oven but leave the oven on.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips, marshmallows, pecans and coconut over the top of the brownies.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Then turn the oven to broil. Allow it to heat up. Broil for 1 minute to brown the marshmallows.
Note: Watch carefully during the broiling process.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American