Honey-Roasted Figs- This delicious recipe works best with fresh figs so that you get that wonderfully jam-like consistency when you roast them, coupled with the creamy mascarpone and the crunchy pistachios.
- 8 large ripe figs
- 2 c. mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 T. pure honey, divided
- ¼ c. whole pistachios
- Wash and dry figs thoroughly. Cut them in half, lengthwise and set aside.
- Place pistachios in a food processor and pulse them until finely chopped. If you don’t have a food processor, you can chop them using a sharp knife.
- Pre-heat oven to 350⁰F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the figs on the prepared tray, cut side up. Make sure that they are side by side and that there is space between the figs so that they roast properly.
- Drizzle the tops of the figs with 2 T. of honey.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Top each fig with a spoonful of mascarpone cheese, and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Drizzle with additional honey.
- Serve warm and enjoy!