Roast peanuts in the microwave. This recipe only requires raw peanuts, water, and salt. You can add any range of spices that you would like.
- 1 c raw peanuts
- ½ t salt
- 2 T Water
- Shell and remove the peanut skins.
- Place the peanuts in a microwave-safe glass dish. Drizzle the water over the peanuts. Stir the peanuts around until all of them are moistened.
- Place the peanuts in the microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove the peanuts from the microwave and stir them. (Be sure to use an oven mitt because the dish will be hot.)
- Place the peanuts back in the microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove the peanuts carefully and spread them out on a pan to allow them to cool. (Be sure to spread them out so that they are not bunched up together.)
- Sprinkle the peanuts with salt.
- Allow them to cool to room temperature.
Experiment with seasoning the peanuts with various seasonings. We tend to use table salt but consider using coarse sea salt or garlic powder. Experiment with different flavors.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American