Learn how to make whipped cream. Use this amazing and quick recipe to make your own batch of whipped cream from scratch! The ingredients are simple and easy to find.
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, cold
- ½ cup powdered sugar or confectioner’s sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Place your metal bowl into freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- After the bowl has chilled, remove from freezer.
- Add heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into chilled bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients well. Begin on low speed, gradually increasing the speed as the cream thickens.
- Continue whipping cream until you reach desired consistency. For this recipe, we continued beating until the “stiff peak” stage, but if you want your whipped cream to be a bit more liquid, you can stop when it has reached a thick and billowy consistency (similar to Cool Whip).
- Use immediately, or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American