This recipe for lemongrass paste is easy to follow. It only has a few ingredients and is a way to add fresh flavor to your dishes.
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 1 T freshly grated ginger
- 2 Limes
- 1 T dried turmeric powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Cut the stalk in half lengthwise and then dice them.
- Dice the red onion and grate the ginger.
- Juice the limes.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot add in the oil and onions. Stir to coat the onion.
- Add in the grated ginger, turmeric, half lime juice, lemongrass, and sea salt. Stir.
- Cover the skillet and allow the mixture to simmer until the onions are soft, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Transfer the mixture into a food processor add the remaining lime juice and mix until the paste is your desired consistency.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian