This lemon sorbet recipe has an intense lemon flavor because we use the zest of the lemon. You don’t need an ice cream machine for this.
- 1 ½ c sugar
- 2 c water
- 1 ¼ c lemon juice
- 4 T lemon zest
- Juice and zest your lemons.
- In a medium-sized saucepan stir together the sugar and water. Heat up and stir often until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Allow the simple syrup mixture to cool completely.
- Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bowl and cover with cling wrap.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and use a fork to stir up the ice crystals and mix them in.
- Return to the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 until the sorbet is firm and snow like.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American