Do you like green beans? As an adult, I love them but when I was a kid they were the cause of me sitting at the table forever. Did you ever have that issue when you were a kid? My uncle would tell me that I couldn’t get up from the table until I cleared my plate. Now life is all about delicious ways to cook green beans. That is why we got excited when we decided to cook ginger green beans. This recipe with fresh green beans and fresh ginger is a winner for sure.
Now when you read this article you are going to be tempted to think that we are calling for too much ginger. Trust us, we are not. We tested it out until we got it right and it kinda surprised us too. We added carrots to this recipe because well why not but you can leave them out if you would like.
- 1 c. fresh green beans
- ½ c. chicken stock
- 1 c. water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 fresh ginger root
- 1 c. carrots, sliced
- Prepare the vegetables: Rinse and dry the vegetables. Peel the carrots and cut them into ½” slices. Cut the green bean ends off with kitchen shears.
- Prepare the garlic and ginger: Mince the garlic clove. Grate the ginger root until you have ½ cup of freshly grated ginger.
- Bring the cup of water to boil in a pan.
- Cook the carrots: Add the carrots to the boiling water and turn the heat down to medium. Cook the carrots for five minutes.
- After five minutes: Add the chicken stock, green beans, ginger and garlic to the the pan with the carrots.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes until green beans are bright green and tender.
- Serve hot!
RELATED FAVORITE TOOLS:
THESE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE STUFF WE LOVE! ♡
Wooden Spoon - We are in love with these colorful wooden spoons.
Le Creuset Sauce Pan - I didn’t know that I could love a sauce pan so darn much.
Paring Knife - This has been my favorite go-to paring knife this year.
Garlic Press- It is all about the little things in life when cooking.