This creamy red potato salad recipe is the perfect side dish for a summer BBQ. It is best served cold so we recommend that you make it advance.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, washed, dried, and cut into quarters
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- ¾ c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium shallot, outer skin removed and finely chopped
- 3 T. Dijon mustard
- ½ c. fresh dill, chopped
- ½ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ t, garlic salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prep the potatoes. Be sure to wash and dry them thoroughly. (We recommend using a (vegetable brush).) Then cut them into quarters or bite-size chunks.
- Prep the shallot by peeling and chopping it into small pieces.
- Chop the dill and parsley.
- Add the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of water to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl and cook for 2-3 minutes. Cook until the potatoes are fork-tender but firm and not falling apart. (Cook time will vary based upon the microwave.)
- Remove the potatoes and spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Blot them with paper towels and then allow them to dry. (Reserve the bowl)
- In a medium-sized non-reactive bowl, add the garlic salt, mayo, yogurt, shallot, mustard, and herbs. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry potatoes back to the large bowl. Slowly stir in the mayo mixture and mix until the potatoes are fully coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve cold.
We leave the skin on the potatoes because we love the texture for this potato salad. Feel free to peel the potatoes if you prefer.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American