This is a recipe for how to roast beets in the oven. It only requires 3 ingredients: Fresh beets, olive oil, and salt.
- 6 beets
- 2 T olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Wash, scrub and dry the beets. Note that beets are quite dirty veggies so be sure to scrub them.
- Cut the top and bottom off of the beets. Then cut the beets into 1” cubes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the diced beets on the foiled baking sheet and pour the olive oil over the top of them. Toss the beets to coat them with oil. Sprinkle the beets with salt.
- Bake the beets in the oven for 30 minutes or until they are tender. They are done when you can easily press a fork into them. (Think of it as how you know when a baked potato is done.)
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American