Best Stainless Steel Rice Cooker: Your Guide To Choosing The Best One
Nowadays, cooking rice can be done with the use of an electric rice cooker, saving the individual, the time and hassle to create the perfect rice. I am a rice lover, and I have to say that cooking rice was difficult in the past for me, but when I used the stainless steel rice cooker, cooking is now easy and smooth.
The stainless steel rice cooker is a very functional appliance, which has also the ability to cook eggs, boiled vegetables, and meat. Although there are many products that you can choose in the market, I will help you in choosing the best stainless rice cooker to meet your cooking needs.
Reviews of Best Stainless Steel Rice Cooker
**Below, you will find more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer reviews on Amazon.
- It boasts of having a 6-cup cooker/steamer
- Can warm or steam food without hassle
- The steaming tray is made from pure stainless less
- It is removable and the rice cooker is easy-to-clean
- It features a nonstick inner cooking pan
- It has a see-through glass lid
- It features an utomatic keep-warm function that immediately turns on when the rice is cooked.
- Easy to handle
- Safe for use
- Has a measuring cup and a spatula
- The cord is removable making it easy to store
This rice cooker can make 6 cups of cooked rice and is ideal for a family of four. It comes with a steaming tray, glass lid and a steam vent. If your place is not that big, this product can save you a lot of space.
Upon using this product, I came to know that the power cord is detachable which makes it easy for storing.
- Detachable power cord
- The stay-cool handles makes the rice cooker easy to move
- Ideal for a regular family
- Removable parts are easy to clean but not indicated if dishwasher safe
- Cooking pan is made up of aluminum
- Can cater 2 to 6 cups of rice
- Has 100% surgical-grade 304 stainless steel cooking pot
- Easy to use
- Ideal for soups and other types of food
- Very easy to clean because the pot is removable
- Has a measuring cup and spatula
The Aroma Simply Stainless Steel Rice Cooker is very easy to use and has a stainless steel pot. However, if your family is big, this may not be the best one for you.
On a different note, this is very suitable for small families who only needs to eat three to six cups of cooked rice. What is nice about this product is that, after the rice is cooked, the leftover do not stick to the pot.
You can always keep the rice warm but you have to keep the rice cooker connected to the power source and I find that very discomforting at times.
- Very easy to use
- The pot is stainless, and it comes with a spatula and measuring cup
- It is not very expensive
- There is no steamer option
- No turn off switch which means you have to take out the plug completely
- The cooking surfaces are made from steel
- The steaming tray is made from pure steel
- It has 3 Dimensional Heating
- Boasts of having a keep warm function
- The cooking bowl is triple layered so the rice will not burn
The Oyama CFS-F12 W 7 has the look of a solid device, and can accommodate 7 cups of cooked rice and if your family is not large like mine, this is one of the best buy.
The interesting fact about this appliance is that it features stainless steel bowl, with a triple layer bottom for uniform heating. I am very thankful with this feature because it prevents rice from burning.
Another fantastic feature about this unit is its ability to keep the rice warm hours after it has been cooked due to its three dimensional heating. It can even keep the rice warm up to 24 hours.
So, if you are planning to serve rice for other meal times, or if you are expecting family or friends to come over to your house, this will be the perfect product for you. This will keep your rice fresh and warm at an extended period of time.
- Cord can be detached, and easy to be stored
- Not too large capacity
- Excellent for cooking 1 cup or 7 cups rice
- Ability to warm food up to 24 hours
- Very Heavy
- The price is expensive compared to other stainless rice cookers
- Latches on the lid is not very solid
- The cooking bowl is great and has a grade of 304
- It includes a stainless steel vegetable steamer tray
- It has a measuring cup
- Features a rice paddle
- It boasts of a glass lid that allows you to check your rice
- No "Teflon ®" on the product
- No non-stick surface materials
- Has an automatic cook to warm mode feature
My family eats rice all the time and this is the reason why I decided to buy this cooking tool. During my search for the best one, I came across the Stainless Steel Rice Cooker Model ME81.
It is very useful for large families since it can accommodate up to 12 cups of cooked rice. When you buy this unit, you will also be provided with a steaming tray, spatula, and a cup for measuring the rice.
While the rice is cooking, the glass lid will help you see the progress of your rice as well.What I like about this rice cooker is its steaming tray which is very easy to carry because it has two handles.
If you are very health conscious, you will like this unit because it does not contain Teflon, preventing your food from being contaminated by chemicals or any other radicals.
There is a downside when buying this unit. I have learned that the glass lid is missing a steaming hole, which is needed to allow steam to get out. The steaming hole basically prevents the rice from over boiling and so this problem created discomfort for me.
- Does not contain Teflon
- Adequate length of power cord allows for more mobility
- Automatic mode indicating rice is already cooked
- This unit is only good for large families
- Steaming hole in the glass lid is missing.
- The device is somewhat heavy.
- Does not only cook rice but it can steam meats and vegetables as well
- Made from pure steel
- The steaming basket is made from stainless steel
- Has a glass lid, a paddle as well as a measuring cup
- Automatic switch from cooking to warm
This rice cooker has a square shape which is very unique compared to other stainless steel rice cookers. It comes with a stainless steel pot, glass lid, paddle, and a measuring cup.
You would love the steaming tray which comes with the package because you can use it to steam meat and vegetables while your rice is cooking.
What’s nice about this cooking tool is the vent for the steam to vaporize. At the front, there are lights that indicates whether your rice is cooking or warming. I think that this product is ideal for busy people like me. We don’t have to check rice cooker from time to time.
- The design is unique.
- The steaming tray is useful, and can be operated to steam while rice is cooking.
- Steam vent hole is located on top of the lid
- There is no turn off switch
- The steam hole may not be enough if you use it in maximum capacity, allowing boiling water to spill.
Best Features to Look For
As the name implies, stainless steel is lasting and durable. A lot of people are convinced that stainless rice cookers are better than the regular ones.
Additionally, it is basically used if you want to cook the perfect rice. In my experience, the stainless steel rice cooker can be used to cook or steam other foods, such as eggs, fish, meat and vegetables.
2. Reliability and Time Efficient
Another reason that I use the stainless steel rice cooker is that it saves time. I can be able to do other things, and I can prepare the meals with quality.
While I cook rice, I can also steam food at the same time. I don’t have to look after the rice because when it’s cooked already, the switch will indicate the warm mode.
3. Steam Feature
The ability of stainless steel rice cooker to steam food provides more health benefits than boiling. When food is inappropriately cooked, vitamins and minerals are reduced.
Steaming food will not only maintain nutrients, but you will also prevent you from consuming other unhealthy ingredients.
Things To Look For In A Stainless Steel Rice Cooker
With all the brands of stainless steel rice cookers available in the market, there are several things that I can share with you to make sure you are buying the one that suits your needs.
When it comes to material, the stainless steel is necessary to ensure durability and long term use. Non-sticky coating in a rice cooker can be a good option for easier cleaning and storing.
Another important fact to remember is that handles on your rice cooker must be durable especially when you are fond of rearranging your kitchen. Glass lids are also important because while your rice is cooking, you want to be able to see the progress inside.
- Accessories and Features
When I buy a new rice cooker, I always check the features and even accessories that comes with it. In this way, I would know if it suits my needs in preparing meals for my family. Accessories come in various types, such as bamboo or plastic spatula and rice measuring cups.
One of the most important feature look for is the steaming vent hole to ensure that your water will not over boil especially when you are using your rice cooker in maximum capacity.
The steaming tray is also an important feature which you want to add when buying your rice cooker. This feature will allow you to steam your favorite dish, while rice is cooking.
Other features such as dishwasher safe and non-stick layer will also help you from saving time and energy.
Cooking rice with perfection can be attained with just a simple press of the switch. When you have a big family, checking the full capacity of the rice cooker is important.
A lot of stainless steel rice cookers of various capacities are available but you have to avoid using the maximum capacity because you experience over boiling or the rice might not be fully cooked.
Stainless rice cookers are also sold in different prices. If you want one that is simple and only cooks rice, you can always get cheaper ones. However, there are rice cookers that are sold at a higher price because of their multiple uses, and more advanced features.
Depending on your needs, you can also check the manufacturer’s remarks about the device. In this way, you will not spend more than what you really have to.V
There are many benefits that one can get from using a stainless rice cooker. Aside from cooking the perfect rice, you also want safety and durability. Additionally, you don’t have to worry if you rice will be overcook, thanks to the automatic switch which will indicate the warm mode when it’s cooked.
Certainly, using this appliance has saved me the hassle as well as the time and energy, allowing me to do other important things. With this device, I can also spend quality time with my family and friends without worry.
Based on the five products I have mentioned above, I prefer stainless rice cookers Oyama CFS-F12W 7 Cup Rice Cooker, Stainless White and Cuisinart CRC-400 Rice Cooker, Stainless Steel, 4-Cup.
The features of these appliances are quite fantastic and I have been benefiting from its accessories and features. Some of the features that I find remarkable is that both have steaming tray options, and steaming vent holes.
Stainless rice cookers will come in handy, and will save you the embarrassment especially if you are preparing rice meals for your guests. With all the products available in the market, I hope this article has helped you in choosing the best device for you.
I would love to hear your comment on this article. Your story will also help those who are trying to find great products that are beneficial and durable. If you have used these products before, please feel free to leave your comments below.