It cannot be more emphasized how important access to clean and safe water is when it comes to preventing infections and diseases.
Many homes have already taken action to take care of their family’s health, by making sure that they have the best faucet water filter to provide them with clean water.
Why Is Clean Water Very Important?
It is a universal knowledge that water is a basic human necessity. However, despite our Earth’s surface being made up of 71% water, many people still do not have access to clean and safe water.
Every year, tens of millions of people worldwide suffer from waterborne infections and diseases. Every day, around 800 people worldwide die because of these diseases, such as diarrhea, that are caused by dirty and polluted water.
Water is a basic need, and access to clean water is a basic human right. Clean water is extremely important for hydration, food production, and sanitation.
What Is Considered to Be Clean and Safe Water?
In the past few decades, water treatment facilities have been continuously working on cleaning water before it gets distributed to homes and industries.
However, despite this, our water may still have a lot of contaminants. There may still be some traces of wastes that have long been dumped into the water.
Water (H2O) from the environment is not always purely just hydrogen and oxygen. It may also contain some minerals, ions, organic impurities, and other small amounts of chemical elements.
However, water is considered to be safe for consumption only when it contains the acceptable concentrations of such compositions, especially the impurities.
Why You Need A Faucet Water Filter
While a lot of factors are already beyond our control, filtering your water is one thing you can do. Here are reasons why you should invest on a faucet water filter:
1. FOR CLEAN WATER / WATER QUALITY
- For drinking: A good faucet water filter will remove bad contaminants from your water source, without removing minerals that are beneficial for your optimal health.
- It does not only filter out impurities, but it also makes the water clear and free from foul smell.
- For washing the dishes: Using a good faucet water filter may also prevent staining in your kitchenware. The filter will eliminate or lessen the contaminants in the water that may cause corrosion.
2. Cost - effective
Many families are not convinced to use a faucet water filter because of the supposedly high cost. However, in reality, using a filter saves a lot of money.
For a single purchase every few months, you can already have liters of filtered water. This filtered water is clean and safe to be used throughout the kitchen.
In the long-run, faucet filter water is more cost-effective than buying bottled waters.
- No need to go out to the nearest store every time you run out of bottled water, or to call for a gallon of water delivery.
- When you have a water filter at home, you have the convenience of having liters of clean water right from your faucet.
- Most faucet water filters are easy to set-up and do not require a plumber. The maintenance of filters is also fairly easy. You just have to change or clean the faucet water filter, per the guidelines and instructions manual.
4. BETTER THAN PLASTIC BOTTLED WATER
Many people prefer bottled water over filtered water because they believe that it is cleaner and safer. But that may not always be true.
- According to Dr. Gina Solomon, a scientist at the Natural Resource Defense Council, “there is no reason to believe that bottled water is safer than tap water.”
- In the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulates public water. It conducts multiple tests everyday, and makes the results available to the public.
- Whereas the Food and Drug Administration, which is in-charge of the bottled water industry, only required testing once a week. It does not also make its findings available to the EPA and the public.
In the United States, around 50 billion plastic bottles are being used every year.
- With the recycling rate of water bottles only at 23 percent, a total of 38 billion water bottles are wasted each year.
- These plastic bottles pollute our land and air environment. They cause flash floods, especially when not properly disposed. They also kill many marine animals.
- Studies also showed that around 3 liters of water is used to package a liter of bottled water. Making a bottled water requires more liters of water than the bottle can actually hold.
- The amount of oil that is used in manufacturing bottles is enough amount to power 100,000 homes for a year. It uses up so much oil that could have been used for more meaningful uses.
Choose faucet water filter over bottled water means choosing the environment.
Best faucet water filter – informational guide and reviews! #kitchentips These make everything taste better.
Faucet Water Filter Buyer’s Guide
Do Some Research
Researching goes a long way in helping you choose the right faucet water filter for you. The biggest and most famous brands do not necessarily mean that they are the best.
But, brands who have a good reputation can be a great choice. It is extremely important to look into reviews, and weigh pros and cons.
Each area has some specific contaminants in their water. Research on which particular impurities affect your community.
You may check from your local water company for a copy of a water quality report or the Consumer Confidence Report (CCR).
The CCR will provide you information about the water in its area covered, but not specifically what comes out of your faucet.
You can check your home’s water quality by asking your local health department for free testing kits if they have. You may also send water samples to certified laboratories for analysis.
Choose The One That Suits Your Needs
Knowing what particular contaminants are in your water will help you choose the filter that best suits your needs. There are faucet water filters that remove common contaminants such as lead, protozoan, and some pesticides.
There are also more advanced filters that could remove contaminants that may be too tiny, like arsenic and perchlorate.
Check The Materials It Is Made Of
Make sure that the materials the faucet water filter is made of are of high-quality. Usually, more people prefer those that are predominantly made of metal.
Those who have used filters made of metal reported that they have a tighter grip and less leakage. However, this may not always be the case.
There are brands that also offer faucet water filter made of plastic but performs excellently in filtering water.
Check The Specifications For Compatibility
As a general rule, it is crucial to check the specifications of the water filter, especially its size. Scale and imagine how the filter is going to look like in your kitchen.
Sometimes, it may fit just right but may look funny because it is either too big or too small.
Reviews of the Top Faucet Water Filter
**Below, you will find more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer reviews on Amazon.
The Nanan Faucet-mount Water Filter is durable and efficient in filtering water. It is constructed with safe ABS plastic, and coated with zinc plating processing.
These make the filter have a smooth interface that is free from rust and discoloration. It features a 360-degree swivel which allows it to be compatible in most faucets and sinks.
It is easy and quick to install, without the required use of extra tools.
This faucet water filter could provide 200 gallons of water. It can usually optimally work and last up to 3 to 6 months, depending on the water quality and usage. After which, the filter cartridge can then be just easily replaced.
The Nanan faucet water filter claims to filter out 99.9% of harmful substances, while retain beneficial minerals and elements in water.
It could reduce amounts of potentially dangerous contaminants, such as chlorine, cysts, lead, mercury, and asbestos. It could inhibit the growth of fungi and molds.
- Material: multi
- Weight: 15.2 oz
- Dimensions: 5.3 x 4.7 x 2.8 in
- Color: silver
- Very easy to install, no need for extra tools
- Compatible and fits well with most faucets
- Does not discolor not rust
- May be a bit bulky
- Body may be prone to leakage and cracks as it is made of plastic
This PUR faucet-mount water filter uses a basic filtration system that claims to reduce amounts of about 70 contaminants in your water. Contaminants being filtered include mercury, lead, and chlorine (taste and odor).
It could also eliminate 99% of traces of toxic pharmaceuticals, but makes sure to leave behind beneficial and healthy amounts of fluoride.
Decades of scientific research has shown that acceptable amounts of fluoride in water has been effective in preventing tooth decay.
The PUR basic faucet filter provides up to 400 gallons of clear, odorless clean water. It could optimally provide up to three months of healthy and clean water.
You can enjoy drinking great-tasting water straight from your faucet. This basic faucet filter is easy to install or change, and fits all PUR faucet systems.
- Material: multi
- Weight: 7.2 oz
- Dimensions: 5.3 x 2.7 x 5.6 in
- Color: white
- Gets rid of the water’s bad odor
- No taste of chlorine after filtering water
- Not very suitable for short faucets -- difficult to fill some bottles
- Does not work well after three weeks of use
Water coming out from your faucet may look clean, but that does not necessarily mean that it is free from potentially harmful impurities.
The water may have picked up some dangerous contaminants on its journey through old and rusting water pipes. This PUR MineralClear filter with MAXION technology decreases the amounts of these contaminants.
It could provide up 100 gallons of clean and clear water up to three months. It claims to remove three of the most common harmful contaminants present in tap water -- 99% of lead, 96% of mercury, and 92% of certain pesticides.
Aside from that, it is also designed to filter your water over natural minerals for a great and fresh taste.This PUR MineralClear faucet filter is easy to install, and replaces 3-stage filters.
- Material: multi
- Weight: 16 oz
- Dimensions: 7.6 x 2.7 x 5.6 in
- Color: blue
- Great in filtering water that can be used for drinking and cooking
- Takes away the nasty smell of water
- Usually lasts for only 1 month
- Does not last anywhere near 100 gallons
The DuPont faucet mount water filter improves the clarity, taste, and odor of water that comes out of our faucet.
It claims to reduce water contaminants such as chlorine, benzene, asbestos, mercury, lead, and cysts. It has a filter capacity of up to 100 gallons of water.
It is made of plastic and carbon block, which makes it rust-free. This faucet mount water filtration system is easy to set up, and fits all DuPont faucet mount systems. One set includes three replacement cartridges.
- Material: plastic, carbon block
- Weight: 16 oz
- Dimensions: 7.2 x 4.9 x 2.5 in
- Color: white
- Great in improving water clarity
- Does not leak
- Compatible only with DuPont faucets
- Water comes out really slowly
The DuPont Premier Faucet-Mount Water Filter has the capacity to filter 100 gallons of water. It improves the clarity, odor, and taste of the water that comes out from your faucet. It filters out and reduces contaminants.
It claims to remove 99.98% of cryptosporidium, microbial cysts, and giardia. It is also certified by NSF International, an accredited organization that tests products to be safe for the public health.
The DuPont faucet-mount water filter is certified to reduce aesthetic chlorine taste and odor, lead, mercury, cysts, asbestos, volatile organic compounds (VOC’s), and turbidity.
It is compatible to standard kitchen faucets and is easy to install or set up.
- Material: plastic
- Weight: 12.2 oz
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 5.8 x 5.5 in
- Color: chrome
- Easy to install and looks nice on faucets
- Digital counter that lets you know how much water you have already filtered
- Diminished water flow
Among the five reviewed top faucet water filters, the Nanan Faucet-Mount Water Filter is the best faucet water filter based on our extensive reviews of its features and pros and cons.
It claims to filter out and reduces potentially hazardous contaminants, while still retain some beneficial components in the water.
It can also provide a at most 200 gallons of water in a longer amount of time of 3 to 6 months. It also does not rust and discolor, keeping your sink still looking good.
What we like best about this faucet-mount filter is that it is compatible to most faucets and sinks and features a 360-degree swivel.
Take an active action to take care of your family’s health, by having the best faucet water filter at home to provide clean and safe water.
We hope you found this post helpful! We would be more than glad if you drop by the comments section below and share this post.