Banana chocolate chip muffins recipe that is gluten-free and vegetarian. It is sweetened with maple syrup.
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- ¾ c. natural almond butter
- ¼ c. real maple syrup
- 1 large egg (sub out with chia to make this vegan)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 T. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- 3 oz. chocolate chips (Enjoy Life makes a dairy free, vegan option)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with liners or prepare the pan with cooking spray.
- Peel and mash your bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract to the bowl with the bananas.
- Whisk briskly with a fork into a fairly smooth batter. You will still see lumps, though.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips but don’t overmix.
- Divide the batter between the 8 muffin cups and place in the pre-heated oven to bake until cooked through and puffy, approximately 18-20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the muffin tin to serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free, vegetarian