Making a balsamic vinegar reduction is super simple to do. You only need one ingredient and about 30 minutes.
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 10 fresh cherries (optional)
- Add the balsamic vinegar, garlic clove and cherries to a small saucepan.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir once.
- Once the liquid has reduced by about half, remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow the balsamic reduction to cool.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove the garlic clove and cherries.
- Pour the reduction into a sealed container
I added 1 garlic clove and a handful of black cherries to my balsamic vinegar as it was cooking down. This is completely optional. The additional flavor options are limited only to your imagination and your tastebuds.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian