Fresh sliced avocado coated in panko and baked until perfectly browned. This recipe includes a simple dipping sauce.
Ingredients for avocado fries:
- 2 firm-ripe avocados
- ¾ c all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ c panko
- ¼ t smoked paprika
- 3 T grated Parmesan cheese
Ingredients for dip:
- 4 T sour cream
- 1 ½ t garlic powder
- 1 dash Sriracha sauce
- 1 dash salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for avocado fries:
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and pit the avocado. Then slice it into lengthwise into ½ inch wedges.
- In 3 separate shallow bowls add in the flour, egg, and panko.
- Beat the egg lightly in its bowl.
- Add cheese, paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl of flour.
- Dredge the avocado slices in the bowl of flour. Turn and coat the slices. Shake off excess.
- Dip the avocado slices in the egg.
- Dip the slice in the panko and rotate to coat.
- Place the slices on the baking sheet. Allow space between the slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the fries are golden brown.
Instructions for dip:
- Add the sour cream, garlic powder, Sriracha sauce, and dash of salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American