An easy-to-make slaw with a premade coleslaw mix, apples, carrots and sour cream. Quick and delicious!
- 1 (12 oz) package of shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 large apple (can be Granny Smith, HoneyCrisp, or your favorite kind)
- 2 carrots
- ¼ c mayonnaise
- ¼ c sour cream
- 2 T sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Open coleslaw mix – Rinse and squeeze dry with paper towels. Note: Some coleslaw mixes are pre-rinsed. If that is the mix that you have, just make sure that it is dried thoroughly before proceeding or your finished product will be too runny and unappetizing.
Prepare the carrots:
- Wash and dry the carrots. Peel the carrots (into a compost bin if you have it). Then grate the carrots into a large bowl. We recommend this five-star OXO Good Grips Swivel peeler.
Prepare the apple:
- Wash, dry, then peel the apple. Grate the apple into the bowl with the grated carrots.
Toss to coat:
- Add the vinegar to the bowl with the carrots and apple and toss with tongs to fully coat the mixture.
Prepare the sauce:
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream and sugar then mix until the sugar has fully dissolved.
Add the cabbage mix:
- Add the premade cabbage mix, apple and carrots to the bowl with the sauce. Stir to coat evenly.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve. This is best served chilled, but if you can’t wait, you can’t wait!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American