Almond joy cookies recipe. This is a 5 ingredient recipe that is easy to put together. We recommend toasting the almonds but that is optional.
- 1 bag flaked sweetened coconut (14 oz.)
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 c sliced almonds or almond slivers
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toast the almonds by heating up a skillet over medium heat. Add the almond slices to the hot pan and toast until they are golden brown. Stir often and this should only take about 3 minutes. (Stay close to the stovetop and watch them closely.)
- Mix all the chocolate cookie ingredients in a large bowl and stir them until combined well.
- Use a spoon and scoop cookies onto the parchment paper. Using the back of the spoon, flatten the cookie into a disk shape.
- Bake almond joy cookies for 10 to 15 minutes or the edges turned golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit for a few minutes at room temperature. Your cookies are ready to serve.
- Store almond cookies in an airtight glass container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American